Importing client data from an external (foreign) source is accomplished by Accessible Solutions on a “best effort” basis.
In most cases, values in fields corresponding to SERVtracker fields will transfer directly. In the case of fields existing in client data that do not exist in SERVtracker, the client will be notified of the fields that WILL NOT be imported. In some cases, depending upon the field values, data will be transferred to fields in SERVtracker not specifically designed for that purpose i.e. a comments field for example. In such cases, this information will be shared with the client during the review process.
As a general rule, the better the client understands the data being submitted and can guide AS through the transfer process, the better the result will be.
- Accessible Solutions configures secure FTP site for Client use to upload copy of their existing data files. It is requested that the client compact/zip their data files prior to uploading to our site.
- Accessible Solutions requests data from client in an acceptable format
- Excel document
- Access Database
- .CSV file
- MS SQL
- Fox Pro
- .TXT file
- Other formats upon special review and approval by AS team
- Initial Data Upload – Client uploads data to FTP site
- AS downloads file from FTP to customer folder on server and informs Conversion team that file is available
- AS reviews data and compiles questions for Client
- Client response to unanswered questions
- AS completes initial conversion
- Review meeting with AS and Client to review conversion
- Identify any issues with data or data placement.
- Once preliminary transfer is agreed to, NO CHANGES in file structure are to be made by client without AS approval i.e. field names, table names, etc. prior to final data submission.
- Training and final conversion are scheduled.
- Final Conversion is typically completed on the weekend prior to training and is in conjunction with “Go-Live” to ensure accurate and up-to date data.
- Final Data Upload – Client uploads data to FTP site by 3:00pm EST (Friday before training begins).
- At this time, any updates to the client’s legacy system will need to be tracked and manually entered in SERVtracker.
- Unit history from a legacy system is not a normal part of the data conversion process. If this is required by the client, AS will have to determine whether or not historical data can be mapped properly to our data structure.
- Accounting billing history is not transferred during the data conversion process. Typically clients will begin billing in SERVtracker as of a target date and will enter open balances on existing client records through credit/debit adjustments.
- It is expected that clients will have access to their legacy system for historical data needs, such as audits, etc., for data prior to their SERVtracker transition.